Privacy - Our Commitment
First, a note about Caraway’s commitment to your privacy:
Caraway deeply values its role as your trusted care provider. Central to that promise is safeguarding the privacy of your personal information, including personal information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and personal information that may not be considered protected health information (“PHI”).
Here are a few things we want you to know:
- We only collect the personal information we need in order to provide you with Caraway’s integrated care services and products. We do not collect more information than we need. The personal information that we ask you to provide us, or give you the option to provide us, is intended to help us deliver the health care services, health-related services and products you have come to Caraway for, and to do so consistent with our standards of high-quality, integrated care; intuitive technology products; and exceptional member service.
- We do not use your personal information for purposes unrelated to the reasons for which it was collected or your reasonable expectations. We know it is important to you that you be aware of all the reasons that your information is handled by Caraway and its partners. Our stewardship of the information you entrust to us is of the utmost importance. We hold your personal information to the same standard we would expect for ourselves and our families.
- We do not retain personal information for longer than is necessary. We understand the importance of minimizing the personal and sensitive data that we may maintain. We will only retain your data for the period of time required by law and if there is no requirement, then only so long as we need to continue to store it.
- We do not sell your personal information. We will not sell your identifiable personal information to third parties.
- Mind Body Medical Services, P.C. (d/b/a Caraway Medical Services): California, Colorado, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Ohio
- Collection of personal information. We may collect your personal information when you interact with us through our Sites, including our App, or by other means. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our sites as you use them.
- Use of personal information. We may use your personal information for various purposes connected with your interest in our Sites and services, and to allow us to maintain and improve them.
- Sharing of personal information. We may share your personal information with certain third parties, such as with our service providers, as directed by you, and to provide you with opportunities that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Your rights and choices. You may have certain rights and choices regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
- Data security. The security of your personal information is of utmost importance to us and we maintain appropriate safeguards to protect it.
- International data transfers. Our Sites are operated exclusively in the United States.
- Children's privacy. You must be at least 18 years old or older to use our sites.
- Links to other websites. Our Sites may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us and that are subject to third party privacy policies and other terms.
- Contact us. You may contact us for comments or questions in various ways.
- Collection of Personal Information
For information on Caraway’s privacy practices specific to PHI, please see the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Personal information you provide to us
We may collect the following personal information about you that you choose to provide us when you use our Sites or App:
- Registration and account information. When you create an account on our App or through other means, you may be asked to provide certain personal information including your legal first and last name, preferred name, birthdate, college you attend, address, emergency contact information, and email address.
- Profile and demographic information. Through your account on our App, we may also invite you to provide additional information about yourself, such as your phone number, preferred pronouns, gender or gender identity, sex at birth, and details about your health and medical history.
- Communications information. When you communicate with us through our Sites, including through use of our synchronous communication and telehealth communication services, we may collect your first and last name, phone number, email address, and any personal information that you choose to provide in the content of your message.
- Payment information. If you sign up for a paid product or service from us, such as our monthly or annual membership, you may be required to provide your payment card or bank account information.
- Health insurance information. If you choose to utilize your health insurance plan, you may be required to provide related information, such as a copy of your insurance card, your member ID and group number.
- Information that we automatically collect
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device identifier, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons, and the language version of the Sites you are visiting; and
- Usage data, such as browsing history, time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, patterns of use, and the pages that led or referred you to our Site.
We also collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps, and other online features and services. For example, we use Google Analytics on our Sites to help us analyze your use of our Sites and diagnose technical issues.
- Aggregated, anonymized, and deidentified information
- Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Sites and the services that Caraway offers through them (our “Services”). These uses include:
- Providing you with requested Services, including the delivery of physical and mental health services, insurance claim submission, and providing you with information and other services related to your health and wellness
- Providing you with customer service and support, and to facilitate other communications that you request or that are required to render Services to you
- Providing you with information about new Services and other opportunities that we believe may be of interest to you, whether offered by us or third-party partners, and to personalize, measure, and improve such offers
- Performing analytics for new and existing Sites and Services, such as our user accounts and related features
- Maintaining and improving the quality of our Sites and Services
- Growing our business, including performing research and development, understanding our user trends, and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing
- Protecting ourselves, you, and others; preventing fraud; and creating and maintaining a trusted, secure, and reliable online environment
- Evaluating or conducting a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the users of our Sites or Services is among the assets transferred
- Complying with our legal obligations; respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process; or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defense against legal claims
- Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers to provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, analytics, advertising, hosting, marketing, customer and technical support, and other services.
- Third party providers, plans, and institutional partners. We may share personal information with third-party partners in connection with our Site and Services, including your care providers, health insurers, and/or your educational institution.
- Affiliate and business transfer. If Caraway is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your personal information may be shared or transferred in connection therewith.
- Compliance and harm prevention. We may share personal information as we believe necessary (i) to comply with applicable law, rules and regulations; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site and Services; (iv) to protect and defend the rights, privacy, safety and property of Caraway, you or others; and (v) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities.
- Your Rights and Choices
- Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. You will not receive promotional electronic communications from us unless you have opted in to receive such communications. If you no longer wish to receive promotional email communications from us, you may opt out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required in order to provide you with our Services or for other reasons disclosed in this Policy.
- View or change your account personal information. If you have an account on our App, please visit your account for any privacy rights, choices, or preference options that may be offered. In your Caraway user profile, you are able to add and edit your profile picture, legal first and last name, preferred name, phone number, preferred gender, preferred pronouns, current address, college, and emergency contact information. You can also add, edit, and delete your credit card information, Caraway subscription status and plan, and insurance information.
- Account deletion requests. You have the right to request the deletion of your account with Caraway. If you would like to request that your account be deleted, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Your California privacy rights. California residents have certain rights with respect to our sharing of their personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. However, because California residents have the right to request information regarding such practices under California’s “Shine the Light” Law, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section. You must include your full name, email address and postal address in your email or mail request so that we can verify your California residence and respond. “Personal information” under this California law means any information that identified, described, or was able to be associated with an individual at the time of disclosure.
- Data Security
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We maintain appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to help protect the security of your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or misuse. We encourage you to secure your account with a strong password and to keep your password private.
- International Data Transfers
- Necessity. To enable features that are necessary for providing you the services on our Sites, such as keeping you signed in, improving security, and preventing and detecting fraud.
- Preference. To allow us to remember your preferences and identify you when you return to our Sites.
- Analytics. To allow us to understand how our Sites are being used, track site performance and content views, and make improvements to the content, products, or services.
- Advertising. To deliver targeted advertising based on your preferences, location, and/or interests across different services and devices and measuring effectiveness of ads.
- Social Media. To enable the sharing of content from our Sites through social networking and other sites.
You can modify your browser settings to decline or accept Cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our Sites’ features may not function as designed.
If you wish to opt out of our sharing of the data that is gathered when you visit our Site for purposes of targeted digital advertising, we encourage you to visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising for more information about opting out of seeing targeted digital advertisements. You may also visit these websites for more information on how you can opt back in to the sharing of data. Please note that Caraway does not maintain this web tracking data in an identifiable manner.
Opting out of advertising networks does not necessarily mean that you will not receive advertisements while using our Sites or on other websites.
We do not support Do Not Track functionality. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
- Children’s Privacy
You must be at least 18 years old or older to register or use our Sites, including our account features. The Sites are intended for a general audience and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18 through the Sites. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Links to Other Websites
- Contact Us